Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Year: In List Format

In 24 hours we will be on a plane headed back to the States for our summer vacation! I took these fun comparison shots from the airplane window on our trip home last summer.

Taking off from the Middle Eastern desert.

Landing 13 hours later in the green Midwest.

All that keeps going through my head is: we survived another year!
{I celebrate that no matter what country we live in.}

Our year in review:
  • I didn't accidentally say any racial slurs. {At least that I was aware of}
  • I didn't make any obscene hand gestures that started a riot. {At least that I saw.}
  • I only walked into one men's restroom {and that was in London...where all the signs were in English!}
  • I survived all my driving adventures and mis-adventures. If I got paid a dinar for every time someone turned left from the right lane in front of me, I would have made a lot of money this last year.
  • I traveled thousands of miles without getting patted down in too many uncomfortable places. {and I didn't loose any luggage...or kids}
  • I had the privilege of experiencing many different cultures.
  • I kept my blog rolling.
  • I enjoyed working with all the amazing ladies at Green Creations.
  • My baby girl learned how to read!
  • I got to see Queen Rania with my own eyes!
  • I got rid of all my gray hair.
  • I learned more Arabic.
  • I got to live in a house with a sea view!!
  • I survived a few rocket attacks on my city.
  • I didn't conquer my fear of scuba diving.
  • I was not abducted by trashy cats.
  • I survived a near deadly amoeba.
  • I made friends with great people from all corners of the earth.
  • I fell in love with London.
  • I laughed a lot.
It was a good year.

Now I'm ready to go experience some reverse culture shock for a bit.
{and eat lots of ice cream, go to Target, and speak some English}

2 comments: