Sunday, June 26, 2011

Diary of a Jet Lagged Family

Sorry. I was too jet lagged to get this photo in focus.


There is nothing funnier than the strange things that happen while one experiences jet lag. I documented our experience the last time we traveled from the States to the Middle East.

This is a story about a family who traveled ahead of time and lost almost a day and most of our sanity too.
  • We ate dinner at 4:30 pm
  • Boarded plane at 9 pm
  • Ate dinner (again) at 10:30 pm
  • Slept on and off and watched movies until 6 am
  • Ate breakfast at 7 am
  • Had a cup of coffee with my breakfast, which I realized was about 3 pm at our destinations local time {that could cause trouble}.
  • Arrived at first destination at 10 am body time {BT}, 6 pm local time {LT}.
  • Drove to guest house, showered, watched a bit of TV, ate candy bars.
  • Kids requested food, I fed them oatmeal at 8 pm LT, 12 pm BT .
  • I went to bed and 8:30 pm LT, 12:30 pm BT and slept until 1 am LT, 5 pm BT.
  • Hubby went to bed at 9 pm LT, 1 pm BT and slept until 1 am LT, 5 pm BT.
  • Son went to bed at 8:30 pm LT, 12:30 pm BT and slept until mid-night LT, 4 pm BT. Played.
  • Daughter colored until 10 pm LT 2 pm BT and then slept until 2 am LT, 6 pm BT.
  • 2 am LT, 8 pm BT we all ate Cocoa Pops.
  • I read. Hubby read. Kids watched another movie.
  • I went back to sleep at 3 am and slept until 5 am.
  • Hubby and kids went back to sleep at 4 am and slept until 5 am.
  • We all got in a taxi and headed back to the airport at 6 am.
  • Had coffee and breakfast.
  • Flew home.
  • Cleaned house {loads of desert dust!} and unpacked.
  • By 10:30 am, I was starving, so I started making lunch. My hubby told me I was crazy and sent me to bed.
  • Kids watched another movie {that was probably #10 in the last 24 hours!} and both fell asleep.
  • I woke up at 1 pm and we all ate lunch. The kids cried multiple times they were so tired.
  • We perked up a bit and went swimming to help us stay awake.
  • We all headed to bed at 8 pm and slept 15 hours straight!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I know the feeling! I'm sure those 15 hours were delicious. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete