Monday, March 7, 2011

Mummified Cats

We had planned a spring break trip to go see the pyramids in Egypt.
We decided to cancel the trip. 
{although I bet we could get killer deals at hotels}
{maybe we should reconsider}
{I know, my bargain shopping skills will stop at nothing: Overthrown government? So what!}

I digress.

Thankfully, while we were in London we spent a day at the British Museum. THAT is an amazing museum. {and free!} It seems that England has plundered the world. {but don't tell anyone else, ok?} They had bits and pieces from every civilization.

Our kids loved the tour/treasure hunt through the Nile River display. They really enjoyed the mummies. {Gross. Icky. Kids would dig that!}
Well, as we walked past the display of mummified cats, I giggled.



I told my hubby on the way out that I had decided on a souvenir I wanted from our trip to London...a mummified cat.
He said quietly, under his breath..."Those are the best kind."
{That guy is funny!}

So, as a tribute to not being able to see the pyramids in Egypt this year, but to seeing the mummified cats from Egypt in the British Museum {that is a ridiculous tribute!} 

I present to you, my favorite Middle East trashy cat moments:

2 comments:

  1. So glad to have stumbled upon your blog - it is so interesting! Cats and all.

    I’d love you to add a post to my expat Linky Party on March 19th. Hope to see you there, if not sooner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Happy Homemaker!
    So nice to meet you. I spent some time on your blog this morning and loved it! I added your button on my blog and will enjoy the party on the 19th.

    ReplyDelete