Friday, August 6, 2010

Blog-a-versary (Free Stuff Involved!)

You may have noticed I have been a little slim on the blogging these days. My family and I are enjoying a much needed vacay and I have really tried to un-plug! (Although, my addiction to Facebook gets the better of me sometimes)


Don't worry! I still have a lot of funnies rolling around in my head. Apricot Lady is still in business!

An important milestone is approaching: I have been blogging for one whole year! I know, most established bloggers have been around for a whole lot longer than that. But here is to celebrating my blog and the fact that all the funny adventures our family finds ourselves in are getting documented. I love getting my reader reports each week and am amazed at how many people actually read about our (mis)adventures. Glad we can supply you with a bit of humor!

So, in honor of my one year blog-a-versary...I have some give-aways...straight from the Middle East!

You know those great Moroccan-inspired tunics that everyone is wearing these days? Want one? Looks great with jeans or leggings. One size fits all.



Love all-natural products? How about 100% olive oil soap? This stuff really does amazing things to your skin. And for all the guy-readers...my hubby loves to shave with this stuff.


Finally, a home-made creation from the cute ladies I work with. A basket made from newspaper.




Here is how you can win one of those items: A blog quiz!

Simply post the answer to these questions in the comments section (don't forget to put your email address so I can contact you if you win).

  1. What does the young Bedouin shepherd gal carry with her each morning as she walks her herd through Apricot Lady's neighborhood?
  2. What does Apricot Lady call the four (sometimes three) legged creatures that feed off her trash?
  3. What was Apricot Lady's New Year's Resolution for 2010?

I will draw the winners randomly from a hat on Aug 17th (the official anniversary!) and will contact you if you are a winner. You have to get all three questions right, and there will be three winners. Have fun!


*Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am supposed to write in a disclaimer. But, every contest has one, so I have to write one, right? I hereby disclaim that there will only be one unique winner per item. And I will only send within the continental US. I guess Alaska and Hawaii are fine. And Guam too.

*********************************************************************************

Congratualtions to the winners!

Megan won the tunic!

Rose won the soap!

Sarah won the basket!

11 comments:

  1. 1.A purse, every day. 2.Trashy cats...all of them (we STILL talk about those stories regularly). 3.To stay home to never have second hand smoke again. (Wow, a year! Congratulations! I can't believe it's been that long, it's been such fun keeping up with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I agree with Denise. Purse, trashy cats and second hand smoke. :) I love your posts please keep us laughing and getting to know more about your family and the middle east people and culture. I love the trashy cat blogs I even made my husband read them too! :) Praying for all of you have fun on your visit to cooler Michigan. Rose Lybrink rlybrink@mei.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. purse
    2. Trashy cats!!
    3. No more second hand smoke

    I want a tunic! Amy wore hers to the swim park last week and it was so cute!

    This is your cousin by the way and my email is megan.mankerian@gmail.com :)

    We need to compare schedules and figure out if we can see each other in Indiana. Maybe you guys can come see my apartment full of my Ikea stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. purse
    2. trashy cats
    3. avoid secondhand smoke

    email: sarahtressia@gmail.com

    Congratulations on the your one year blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. a purse that matches her dress
    2. trashy cats
    3. secondhand nicotine addiction

    I really enjoy reading your blog!

    (e-mail janele_p@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. A purse that matches her dress - quite the fashion statement!
    2. Trashy cats - felines - Hitler.
    3. Your secondhand smoking addiction - you're not going to leave the house.

    I love reading your blog Apricot Lady! Congrats on a year...wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. A purse that matches her dress
    2. Trashy cats (Hitler is just one of the many.) If they only ate the trash it wouldn't be so bad, but to steal food right out of your home when they find an opportunity...
    3. Your secondhand smoking addiction - you'd have to stay in your house to keep this resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - I forgot to mention that Bill's birthday is August 17th. So is Joy Cothern's. Now we have another reason to celebrate the date.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love how a contest will bring out the commenters on a blog! It's usually enough incentive to even make a lurker like me emerge and say something. I love the sense of humor that you show in these blog posts. And, I think your kids are adorable!

    I live in Sandy, UT now. If I remember correctly, this is where you moved from when you first came to Michigan in 4th grade. I've often wondered where exactly you lived and if you'd recognize the place after all the growth it's experienced in the past 20 years.

    Enjoy your vacation time in Michigan and keep the fun blog posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love your blog!!

    My answers:
    1. Purse
    2. Trashy cats
    3. Secondhand smoke addiction--to stay away from

    Tami Gibson

    ReplyDelete