Monday, February 21, 2011

Driving Rant: Brace Yourself

I realize I live in a country that has a different value system than the one I was born and bred in.

That is just fine with me.

I also realize that because there is a different value system, law and order is interpreted differently.

That is okay with me too.

I realize I come from a society that is very rigid in our interpretation of law and order and I live in a country that is more flexible in their interpretation of law and order.

I can live with that too.


But I realized I have some anger issues when this is all applied to driving. I need to work through these feelings. So, I am going to deal with them right here on my blog, using a formula that I learned to help resolve conflict: When you ______ it makes me feel _______.

So. Here it goes.

When you...
  • turn left from the right lane, cutting off everyone turning left IN the left lane...
  • drift to the the middle of the road because you are on your phone, blocking all cars from getting by on either side...
  • triple park on the busiest street in town...
  • think putting your flashers on excuses you from doing any number of idiotic maneuvers...
  •  think hanging your hand out the window doing any number of hand motions excuses you from doing any number of idiotic maneuvers...
  • speed up to get around me and then slow down to a snails pace once you are in front of me {because you don't want to mess up your pimped out Kia on a speed bump}...
  • honk from behind me the instance the light turns green...
  • trail my bumper so close I can read your car's VIN number...
  • park in the middle of the road 'just for a minute'...
  • let your kids crawl around the car and hang out the window while your speeding down the road...
  • use your large size SUV and government plates to try to intimidate me to let you have the right-of-way...
it makes me so very, very ANGRY I could just spit!

Moments after I snapped this photo, the light turned green and the taxi on the right...turned left.


Would it shock you if I mentioned that each one of these things happened to me today?

I drove from my house to work and back.

That is about five miles round trip.

I'm just gong to walk tomorrow.

{then I can do a post about how scary it is to be a pedestrian with all those crazy drivers out on the loose}

1 comment:

  1. i would go crazy. i already have anger management issues when it comes to driving stateside...you have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete