Friday, December 10, 2010

Potty Mouth


I try to keep my blog clean.
I have only sworn once. Forgive me.
Confession: I have a few posts in drafts that have a few more swear words. Yikes! Should I post them?
We'll see!


But today {again, forgive me} I must discuss a dirty topic.


Potties {as any mommy would say}


Around here, we enjoy a variety of potty options.


You got your squatty potty - basically a hole in the bathroom floor where you, well, squat.



You got your body potty - otherwise knows as a bidet. We {really, my kids} call it a body potty because when we first moved here, they had never seen anything like it in their short little lives. And like most curious kids, they learned what is was by touching it. Which means, your body gets wet from head to toe when you turn on the faucet and a geyser shoots up to the ceiling. Those things have force! Therefore...a body potty. I guess my girl is still trying to figure out exactly what those things do when she recently asked if I ever gave her a bath in one of those when she was a baby.




You got your wadi potty - wadi {Arabic for valley} is the 'driving down the road and someone has to go' option.

You got your underwater potty - yes, that is my hubby and yes, that is a toilet on the ocean floor. Don't ask.




You have your wash machine potty. Unique, I know. Most houses here are designed to have the wash machine in the kitchen. That did not work for me. Especially since I require a dish washer in my kitchen. So, we removed the 'body potty' from the kids bathroom and used the drain and water to install the wash machine. Brilliant, I know. Now, we don't have a wash machine in the kitchen, we have it in the bathroom. Still strange, I know.




And you got your boring ole regular potty - I am thankful we have these in our house as opposed to the other options available, actually! My only issue is that in all the houses we have lived in here, we have had a rainbow of colors. Pink, green, turquoise, white with gold trim...should I go on? I have already discussed how my decor tastes are a little different from the culture around me.



And one last potty issue to discuss. 
The grocery stores here don't always know how to classify American products. I usually find strange things in strange places. But, this one tops the list...


Clorox Wipes in the baby wipes section. Ouch!
Time to go clean the babies...I mean bathrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment