Thursday, September 16, 2010

My bathroom is the color of open heart surgery...

and other decorating dilemmas.

I have already confessed that I don't like change and that I would rather have root canals than move. The apartment we are in right now was our 12th move. Ew. I have completely painted every room in the last five houses we were in. I knew this time around, I could just not bear to do that again. So, this move had many conditions. I sent my hubby two weeks ahead to scope out a place and move in. I gave him a simple list of requirements:

dishwasher

sea view

'decent' paint colors

And my sweet little daughter prayed for weeks that God would give her a pink room. I had little faith. She did not!

My amazing, house scoping hubby found a jackpot! A dishwasher. A sea view from the master bedroom AND the kitchen. 'Decent' paint colors. And check out our daughters room...


pink enough, ya think? God does not mess around when it comes to little girl prayers.

Well, for all the great qualities the apartment has, we did have to adjust to a few things. I love home decor and having everything ship shape and matchy matchy. So, here are a just a few of my home decor obstacles...

This is the tile in my bathroom, ie: open heart surgery


This is the fabulous turquoise sparkle sink in our guest bath. I think the Barbie dream house had this same sink.


My kids have named all the light fixtures in our house. This is the dino egg in our bedroom.


This is the trilobite light in our dining room.


And this is the ram horns in our living room.

Crazy, heh?

So, we've acutally lived in this place for a whole year. And, for the sake of a renewed sense of energy to personalize yet another dwelling place of ours, I will actually break down and paint some rooms this fall. But of course, will happily work around the the constant reminders that we live in a culture that has a slightly different 'taste' than where we hail from.

3 comments:

  1. Wowee pink. And my boys would like that ram horn light, I'm pretty sure. But the dino egg, that really does look like a dino egg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. :) Glad you guys are safe...and hopefully not blinded by brightness yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought those lights looked like a cantaloupe, a dead fish and the crown of a Viking. Keep us laughing!! Love that pink room! There is no need for a light in there.

    ReplyDelete