Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yeah, I've Been There

We love exploring around the Middle East. There were so many exciting sites to see!

One of the first trips we took when we arrived years ago was to the site of Jesus' baptism.

Because of an ancient mosaic map uncovered in the floor of an old church near by, experts were able to determine the likely location of Jesus' baptism.


It was really amazing to walk through the dessert, come to the lush green trees near the river, and come out of the clearing to the Jordan River.


My smallish boy enjoyed running around, hearing stories from the tour guide, and was quite concerned about having a snack.

We said good-bye and headed back home.


That night as I was tucking my kidos into bed, I read from the Story Bible for Kids as is our habit. Lo and behold the story that night was about John the Baptist.


As I read, and showed the pictures (which are pretty accurate sans the clean, blue water!), my smallish boy said in a monotone casual way, "Yeah, I've been there" ... as if it is very normal to visit the real places in your cartoon Bible.

What little Mid-Western boy gets to do that?

My kid.

That's cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hey :) This is Jess G. I found your blog and am loving all of the stories! I'm going to be keeping up with these now. I'm also going to take the apricots saying and think of that when interesting situations arise -- especially with our new shipment of ornaments :D. You are all in my prayers

    ReplyDelete