Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Holding Hands

When we first arrived in the Middle East, I had a few adjustments to make. (HA!)

I had to get used to seeing men kiss each other.

A normal greeting.

Then I had to get used to seeing men walking down the street holding hands.

A normal gesture of friendship.



Then I had to get used to seeing men sitting together with their hands on each others shoulder or leg.

A normal conversational posture.

Then I had to get used to men kissing my husband.

Then I had to get used to men holding my husbands hand.

Then I had to get used to men putting their hand on my husbands leg while they talk.

That was a lot of adjustments!

Today, I had to make a new adjustment.

While waiting at a traffic light today , I saw two police men kiss, then they joined hands and continued on their way.

My image of public safety was shattered for a bit.

Then I was o.k.

Told ya, I just had to adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment