Thursday, April 15, 2010

We Live in a Crazy World

I know I have a somewhat not-normal life.

Yesterday I realized just how far removed from 'normal' I really am.

I had to order something from the States.

I called the company in Texas from my phone number in the Middle East that has a Michigan area code.

I put the purchase on a credit card belonging to the director of the community center that I work with here. The billing address for the card was in Connecticut.

I had it sent to my in-laws house in Illinois.

I had the order confirmation email sent to a colleague of mine who is from Oregon.

It will get sent to my in-laws house. Put on a container in Chicago. Travel across the ocean for a bit. And arrive to me in about 6 weeks.

It will be used at the community center where I work with a bunch of Jordanian, Palestinian, Egyptian, and Sudanese ladies.

All from a guy in Texas.

And I used to get excited when my Grandma gave me postcards from places that she had traveled. Like the giant shell museum in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment