Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Searching for...

We spent an enjoyable day last weekend at the beach with some friends.

There was:

yummy food

games

cute kids

sea creatures

and nicely pedicured feet

On the way to the beach, the kid-os were really excited. My little gal was talking about all the things she was looking forward to doing at the beach. The item at the top of her list?

Searching for chicken bones.

Not sea shells.

Not pretty rocks.

Not sea creatures.

Chicken bones.

This tells me two things:

1. My little gal has not been to a clean beach in a long time.

2. My little gal knows how to find the positive side of an icky situation.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, so nice to have a cheery little optimist in the family. So different from my expectations for the days at the beach during my childhood. And btw, I still collect (uninhabited) seashells.

    ReplyDelete