Friday, February 5, 2010

Picture for Today

Last year, I changed from traditional scrap booking (with paper and books) to completely digital. I did this for a few reasons:
1. I was sick of moving all my scrap book junk around the world over and over again. It weighs too much and took up too much precious room in our very limited luggage allowance.
2. I don't have a ton of room in our apartment to drag that stuff out all the time.
3. I love playing around in Photoshop and found a great scrap booking software that uses all the great features of Photoshop plus more!

Well, this year I've decided to try a totally new way of documenting our lives. I have been taking a picture a day that shows a glimpse of what our day was like. Over the year, I hope the book will be a good history of what our family was up to. And I may become a better photographer in the process!

Here is a sample of what we were up to in January:

13th: Beads made at Handicraft program.
14th: Dog hotel for a few weeks.
15th: Time for bed.
16th: Late Christmas gift arrival.
17th: Homework.
18th: Big storm.

25th: Arabic tutoring.
26th: Bedtime story.
27th: School project.
28th: Kindergarten kids threw principal into pool.
29th: Mom is out for the count.
30th: Happy Birthday pizza for mom.

And last week:
31st: Mom still suffers.
1st: Webkinz.
2nd: Valentine decor.
3rd: Craft cupboard explosion.
4th: Family camping night.
5th: Traditional pancake morning.

Here is to enjoying what TODAY brings!

3 comments:

  1. What is this software? I've been wanting to get something that will allow me to make albums on my computer, and just save them there, rather than doing paper albums. I get tired of the cutting and the mess and the clutter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - I use the Creative Memories software called Storybook Creator. You can look on their website for info. www.creativememories.com I really like how it works and there is a ton of options of what you can do. A friend of mine is using this and she really likes it. www.beckyhiggins.com/projectlife More simple than CM I think.

    ReplyDelete