Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Accidental Bridesmaid: The Wedding

Today is the day. The wedding is at 3 pm.

We had a lot going on that day, we briefly considered not going to the wedding. But decided to go, there should be at least a few sitting in the audience. We grabbed our two small kids and hopped in a taxi.

Side note: It was over 100 degrees that day.

We arrived.

Hot. Stinky. Sweaty. Wrinkled. Hungry (the baby).

It was past three by the time we arrived. Our plan was to just sneak in the back to show our support.

As we walked into an office to ask where the wedding was, I heard the secretary say:

"Oh the best man and maid of honor are here."

I looked behind me, no one was standing there. Strange.

There was some commotion. I ducked into a small kitchen area to feed the baby. That just made me more...Hot. Stinky. Sweaty. Wrinkled.

A few moments later, the aforementioned secretary lady came running in.

"Hurry! The wedding is just waiting on you!"

"No, don't wait for me" I say "Just go ahead, I'll be right there."

A puzzled look crossed her face.

"But you are the maid of honor!"

A puzzled look crossed my face.

I pulled my hot, stinky, sweaty, wrinkly self together and headed into the room where I was about to be the maid of honor in a wedding.

The wedding began. The bride was beautiful. I stood next to her. I passed her the ring. I signed the marriage certificate. Photos were taken.

All the while I was in khaki carpi pants and a hot, stinky, sweaty, wrinkly white shirt. (Everyone knows you should not wear white to a wedding! What was I thinking?)

To Be Continued...Oprah got involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment