Sunday, January 9, 2011

Savory Sunday: Snickerdoodle Cookies

We really enjoyed our picture of the day project last year!
My photo journey for 2011 will be to create a family cookbook of all our family classics and favorites. {Don't worry, I'll still take pictures of my kids too!} Each Sunday I will post the recipe of the week. Some come from my side of the family (traditional Midwest farm cooking) or from my husbands family (tasty classics modified for healthy eating) or from me (international dishes from the Middle East and beyond). Should be yummy!
Why Sunday? Because one of my most vivid memories from childhood is coming home from church on Sunday afternoon, walking into our house and having a wall of delicious smells hit me from my moms savory Sunday creation that cooked in the oven all morning.

If Apricots Today is to encourage us to enjoy our present moments...what better way to do it than with food?
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I look forward to trying out some of your recipes.

    I know I don't comment on your blog that much, but I really enjoy reading it! It's so great to hear about the "adventures" you and your family are having in the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your words of encouragement Amanda! Glad you enjoy following along on our mis-adventures :)

    ReplyDelete