Monday, November 1, 2010

Dreams to Reality

What a week.
Let me give you some highlights:
Brazilian bikini fashion show...belly dancing...camels...pumpkin carving...make shift trick-o-treating...new friends...hours and hours at the store...anticipation...henna...big party...grand opening...more camels...men dancing...loud music...priceless expressions on dear ladies faces...

And some low-lights:
S.L.O.W. Internet (no blogging, boo)...nearly broken camera lens (yes, my NEW ONE!)...vicious flu bug...sad, sad news from home

Each of these items mentioned could be turned into their own post (I will have to write about the Brazilian bikini show...long story...let me just say it involved, yes, bikinis, nuns, gawking teenagers, my husband giving a speech, camels, Michael Jackson music...and it was just a night to remember).

But the event I just came from will certainly be one of the highlights of my entire time here. I have blogged about my work before. And I should more often...I really love what I do!
Tonight, we celebrated a huge milestone: the Grand Opening of Green Creations, our store. The party was a perfect celebration. The looks on the ladies faces were priceless as they saw their beautiful work in a beautiful place. The sweet things their husbands and family members said to each of us just put the icing on the cake.

I'm tired...so will let the pictures do the talking. And if you are ever in the area, come on by the new store!









5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new store! I hope someday I will be able to stop in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to come to the store some day. Miss you, Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you and all the ladies! It's been a joy to watch you get to this place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful store! I'm impressed! Can only imagine the dignity this brings to these precious women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you open this store in Aqaba? If so, I hope you'll post something about it on our Facebook group "Live in Aqaba".

    ReplyDelete