Thursday, October 13, 2011

And...We're Back...Again

Well Apricots Today followers...
I have some news.

I just love packing. Sometimes on boring days I just fill suitcases with clothes. {NOT!}

We are back in the boring ole USA for a while. We transferred back to the States just a few weeks ago and since then I have been mulling many options over in my head about what to do with this very fun blog. At this point, I have decided to end it on a high note. I will do a few more posts that will wrap up my thoughts on our recent life in Jordan...but stay tuned. We may have many adventures ahead that will spark another blog.

We have enjoyed settling back in the States and seeing family and friends. Culture re-adjustment has not been too bad this time around {so far!}, however...
  1. I am continually shocked at how much food is available EVERYWHERE and have had to ramp up my yoga efforts a bit because I won't fit into any of my clothes if I don't do something drastic! {because I, of course, can't NOT partake in the food available EVERYWHERE!}
  2. We have done a ton of driving and I find the driving very mundane and non-exhausting. I always know where we are. I always know where we are going. I always know what side of the road to be on. I can always count on everyone around me to know what side of the road to be on. I stop at stop signs. I use blinkers. And people around me do the same. It really is a nice system {but boring}!
  3. I was forced to taste test all the new flavors of M&M's {see point one}. So far I have tried coconut, peanut butter, dark chocolate and pretzel. I also found that if you consume a large amount of the different flavors {all at the same time}...you will get a stomach ache. You should try it.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Any chance you guys will head south while you're here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm glad you're around...
    We truly want to have you over for a more relaxed and quiet dinner whenever time allows for us to do that. Call me or something... and we can get something worked out - or even "random-planned". :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo hoo! You will be missed in this little, Bedouin-coffee-pot-shaped country. Keep looking for funnies, and keep writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie - we will let you know if we'll be in your neck of the woods! Would love to see you.
    Ruth - love hanging with your family!
    Bridges - we will sure miss the coffee-pot-shaped country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice Blog articles ..Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete