Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Would You Run 242 km All Night Long?

Well, I have neglected my blog these last few weeks. No good excuse...just living life!


Dead 2 Red from Joe Thomas on Vimeo.

My husband ran in a race at the beginning of March called the Dead to Red. Yup, that means they run from the Dead Sea to the Red Sea...that is 242 km {150 miles!} ALL. NIGHT. LONG. through the desert. The teams can have up to 10 runners and they are able to choose how the race is divided among the team. The video above documents how his team ran the race.

He did this race in 2005 as well. He says it took him 6 years to recover before attempting it again. INSANE.
Scott running in 2005 Sunset @ the Dead Sea

After the race this year, he submitted an article to a national magazine and they published his story.



2011...still running.

So, would you run 242 km all night long?
Not me.
I'm boring.
I usually just sleep all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment