Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My New Years Resolution

Smoking here drives us all nuts. It's akin to the US decades ago when smoking was cool. Young and old, women and men... everybody smokes. It's like a $1 a pack.

Frankly, you really don't need to actually smoke in order to smoke... you can get a good nicotine fix through public smoke. In fact, recovering smokers can let down gradually by going out in public every few hours. No patches, no drugs. I wonder if this is the real reason behind global warming. Somebody tell Al.

Some places try to restrict smoking, or contain it to certain areas... if you can understand the signs.


My husband was recently in the main government office that gives out health licenses to businesses and restaurants. You know, the place that regulates certain areas must be designated non-smoking. Most of the employees were smoking beneath signs over each of their cubicles that read... you guessed it 'no smoking'.

Some places like Chilis try to contain it to certain kinds of smoke... just the really dirty kind. (It reads: No pipe or Cigar smoking please)


Other places just get a gas out of not making any effort.

Yikes.

So, for New Years, I'm going to try to kick my second hand nicotine addiction.

I will no longer be leaving the house.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! I just love your writing style. :) By the way, I gave you some love on my blog - go check it out! www.sbuxsweetie.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete